Professionals header

How To Report Abuse

If someone is abusing you, or someone else, it is important to tell someone. Do this as soon as you can by calling:

  • Southend Police Station on 01702 431212
  • Southend Borough Council Access Team on 01702 215008
  • Use our Reporting Abuse Form
    • Guidance for completion of the form is available here
  • The Southend, Essex and Thurrock Risk Assessment method and form is available here
    • Guidance for the Southend, Essex and Thurrock Risk Assessment method is available here
Or you can report abuse anonymously by contacting:
  • The Essex Police and Crime Commissioner on 01245 291600
  • You can report a crime: Online:
  • Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111

In an emergency
call 999

To report a non-urgent incident or crime to the Police
call 101

If you have concerns about a child, call Southend's Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub Plus ‘MASH+’ on 01702 215007
Select Option 1 and then either: Option 1 for professional advice; Option 2 for a specific social worker; OR Option 3 for MASH+ administration.

If you have concerns about an adult, call Southend's Access Team
01702 215008 option 1

To report concerns outside of office hours, call Emergency Duty Team
0845 606 1212